IIJA Evaluating Damaged Jewelry Course
Successful completion of this course will allow the student to obtain specific skills in the evaluation of damaged jewelry coverage and claims. The specific knowledge will be as follows:
Understanding of jewelry and gemological terms and definitions.
Identification of coverage issues related to damaged jewelry.
Skill in viewing damaged jewelry photographs and evaluating the cause based on evidence included in the photograph.
Ability to identify and discern actual damage events from:
Wear and tear
Failure to maintain
The student will be able to verify the types of damage, cause of damage, and the requirements necessary to repair or replace the jewelry item based on the condition, source, value, and design.
Lastly, the student will be have the knowledge to get the best return on salvage of the jewelry items. This will include the disposal of broken diamonds and gemstones, scrap gold, damaged watches, and other items of salvage that will occur when adjusting damaged jewelry items.
Program: Registered Gemologist Appraiser
Certificate of Completion: Yes
How to Begin:
- When you pay for this course using any credit card or your account on PayPal you will be able to start immediately.
- SSL Secure Payments can be made either through Stripe Payments for credit cards, or PayPal using any credit card or PayPal card using the PayPal payment system. You do not need to have a PayPal Account to use your credit card through PayPal. The Stripe Payment system is for general credit card use. Please follow these steps carefully.:
- Click on the BUY NOW button on the upper right side of this page.
- The payment gateway will take you through the PayPal or the Stripe payment systems. Both are SSL Secure payment systems. PayPal uses either a PayPal account or you can use other credit cards with PayPal without having a PayPal Account. Stripe is used for Mastercard and Visa and other cards also.
- Once you receive payment confirmation you will be brought back to your course to begin or to the SchoolofGemology.com website. Either way, go to the course home page to begin. You can also access the course page through your Profile Page.
- Once you have returned to the course homte page click the Start the Course button to begin.
- Once complete you can print your temporary certificate of completion. Your IIJA Certificate of Completion will be sent from the IIJA office. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive your certificate if you are outside the United States.